This is your friend Elisabeth Elliot…
“You are loved with an everlasting love,” that’s what the Bible says, “and underneath are the everlasting arms.” This is your friend Elisabeth Elliot…
She opened her radio program “Gateway to Joy” the same way each morning. Elisabeth Elliot, wife of martyred missionary Jim Elliot, world-wide speaker, and best-selling author, was a mentor and friend to so many…
You are loved with an everlasting love and other timeless lessons from Elisabeth Elliot…
Gretchen Louise provides a biographical sketch of revered mentor Elisabeth Elliot, along with quotations and brief excerpts Elisabeth’s writings and radio transcripts.
How to Build Things That Last: Truths From Elisabeth Elliot’s Books
Natasha Metzler reflects on over twenty years of reading Elisabeth Elliot’s books, and the over-arching truths Elisabeth taught on how to build our lives on things that last.
How Elisabeth Elliot’s Books Have Shaped My Life
Caroline Rose Kraft says: “Elliot never avoided the harsh word or sugarcoated the truth. She took the Bible and laid it out the way she saw it and, as you waited for an apology, she gave you a blessing.”
Devotedly: friendship, love, and the agony of waiting
“Let not our longing slay the appetite of living.” These were the words of Jim Elliot in a letter to the girl he wanted to marry. And we’re still telling their love story seventy years later.
The Love Story of Elisabeth Howard & Jim Elliot:
On October 8, 1953, at the age of twenty-six, Elisabeth Howard married twenty-six-year-old Jim Elliot. They were married 27 months before Jim was speared to death in January 1956.
- They Laid Love on the Altar from Valerie Elliot Shepard at Desiring God
- Devotedly series at Revive Our Hearts
The Love Story of Elisabeth Elliot & Addision Leitch:
In 1969, at the age of forty-two, Elisabeth married sixty-year-old college professor Addison Leitch. He died of cancer in 1973.
- Life of Elisabeth Elliot compiled by James Lau
- Devotedly series: A Godly Legacy at Revive Our Hearts
The Love Story of Elisabeth Elliot & Lars Gren:
In 1977, Elisabeth married Lars Gren. She preceded him in death.
- A Love Story: Lars and Elisabeth Elliot Gren, Part 1 and Part 2 (an interview with Lars and Elisabeth on FamilyLife Today®)
- My Visit to Elisabeth Elliot’s Cove from Emily Ellis
- Lars and Elisabeth’s Love Story from Emily Ellis
Excerpts from the Elisabeth Elliot Newsletter:
Revive Our Hearts Broadcasts Featuring Elisabeth Elliot:
Revive Our Hearts re-airs classic broadcasts from Elisabeth Elliot from time to time and also publishes blog posts on Elisabeth’s life and convictions.
Suffering is Not for Nothing (YouTube playlist of the original conference by Elisabeth Elliot).
Becoming Elisabeth Elliot, with Ellen Vaughn: Nancy Leigh DeMoss interviews Ellen Vaugh, author of Becoming Elisabeth Elliot, on Revive Our Hearts.
Interviews & Broadcasts Featuring Elisabeth Elliot:
Articles About Elisabeth Elliot:
- Rediscovering “Passion and Purity” by Candice Gage on Boundless
Elisabeth Elliot Audio & Transcripts:
- Blue Letter Bible Elisabeth Elliot Media offers an audio library of messages by Elisabeth available for download.
- Bible Broadcasting Network (BBN) provides on-demand listening each week to the original “Gateway to Joy” daily radio broadcasts.
- Back to the Bible’s transcripts of some of the more recent years of “Gateway to Joy” broadcasts can be accessed by navigating through Archive.org.
- Search YouTube for Elisabeth Elliot tributes, as well as the recordings of many of Elisabeth’s lectures and video series.
Find more About Elisabeth Elliot online:
- Visit ElisabethElliot.org for archived back issues of The Elisabeth Elliot Newsletter,as well as “Ramblings from the Cove” by Elisabeth’s husband Lars Gren.
- Desiring God features posts about the lessons Elisabeth taught.
The Kindred Grace team has a Pinterest board with favorite quotes and more from Elisabeth Elliot.